Ocozzio is looking for a creative writer who can think big picture, small picture and everything in between.
Can your writing cut through the clutter? Are you a critical thinker who is interested in business strategy? Do you laugh in the face of tight deadlines? If so, you’re right for the copy team!
The ideal candidate is a compelling writer first and foremost. At Ocozzio, this means more than proper grammar and correct spelling. You must be able to take complex subject matter and translate it into a relatable and engaging message. You will have clients across the country, each with a unique story to tell – the ability to multi-task and generate high-quality copy is imperative.
To excel in this position, a passion for marketing is key. At Ocozzio, you must be a team player. You work with the account teams and strategy to accomplish initiatives set for each client and the creative team to ensure our strategic vision is coming to life in design. From the beginning to the completion of a project, you are intricately involved throughout the process.
- Develop copy that engages the audience while personalizing it to each client’s unique messaging and strengths
- Produce copy for a wide range of print and online marketing pieces including but not limited to: brochures, websites, press releases, emails, advertising and proposals
- Create marketing copy and develop strategic plans across multiple verticals
- Work with the leadership, account and design teams daily to complete initiatives
- Understand call-to-action marketing and messaging
- Minimum (1) one year of relevant experience in marketing with proven success; B2B and healthcare marketing experience preferred
- Ability to write traditional and non-traditional business documents including but not limited to: releases, proposals, marketing materials, websites and emails
- Ability to quickly absorb complex information and translate it into concise concepts that can be communicated effectively
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and comfortable working with a diverse team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Must have a keen attention to detail and be task-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Journalism or English preferred
- The majority of work is completed in an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing and walking.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Travel to visit clients or conferences a possibility.
- Standard office hours for the business are Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 5:30 pm EST and Friday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm EST.
- Office based employees are expected to work 4 days in office and may work from home one day a week after 3 months of employment.
- Remote based employees may have intermittent travel to the Augusta office location based on business need.